Online Sic Bo – Rules, Bonuses, and Best Games
If you’ve come across this game but wondered what it’s about and how it’s played, now is your chance to get skinny on all things Sic Bo. Yes, it does resemble Craps and it is yet another game from China. It is available in Las Vegas and Atlantic City and, certainly, in Macau. Unlike classic casino games, such as roulette, Sic Bo has different rules at different casinos. Once again, playing it online is the best option as you can take your pick of software developers and game variations.
|Best Sic Bo Casinos:||Bonus:||Game:||Bet Limits:||Secure Link:||Terms:|
|1. William Hill Casino||£300||Sic Bo||£0.50–£300||www.williamhill.com||Full T&Cs apply. Opt in required. New customers to Casino page only. 1x per customer. Min. Buy in £10. Bonus value 100% of Buy in. Max. Bonus £300. 40x Wagering, Max Redeemable £4,000. 50 Free Spins with x35 wagering will be awarded after the Buy in Bonus is completed, Max Redeemable £1,000. Bonus expires after 7 days.|
|2. Ladbrokes Casino||£50||Live Sic Bo||£5–£300||www.ladbrokes.com||Full T&Cs apply. 18+. New players only. Min bet €10 on qualifying games. 40x wager reqs (bonus only) on selected games. Bonus valid for 30 days. Certain deposit types excluded. Bets covering >70% of Roulette table excluded. Contributions to wagering reqs vary by game.|
|3. Gala Casino||£200||Live Sic Bo||£1-£100||www.galacasino.com||Full T&Cs apply. 18+. New customers only. Deposit/spend £20, get £40 bonus + 20 Free Spins. 35x Wag on Bonus. 10x Wag on Free Spins winnings. Free Spins valid on selected games. 7 days to claim, 7 days to wager. Restrictions.|
As you can see from above, the fact that Sic Bo isn’t in the top 3 of casino games doesn’t stop operators from offering it to their customers. As with all online gaming, before you commit to a casino make sure they are 100% legal and have all the licences and certificates to offer their services to UK players. If you choose to play at one of the sites we recommend, you can enjoy yourself and not worry at all because your safety is guaranteed by the UK Gambling Commission. Moreover, you see that you’ll have the unique opportunity to play Sic Bo with a real dealer.
All About Sic Bo
Sic Bo comes from the Chinese word meaning ‘dice pair’ as the game originates from ancient China. However, if the meaning of the name suggests the use of a pair of dice, the game itself is played with three dice. These are tossed in a box, a cage or a glass container and you’re betting on the results of the spin. On entering the RNG game or the live casino, you’ll notice a table covered in numbers. Though it looks a bit intimidating at first, it is quite easy to work with once you know what the different areas are about. So, before we go into a guide on how to place a bet, let’s have a look at the possible betting areas.
Bet Types & Payouts
Once you have the time to look closely at the Sic Bo table, you’ll notice that the layout is anything but complicated and everything makes perfect sense. There are quite a number of betting option and you can bet on more than one of those. Considering Sic Bo is a game of chance, you don’t have to bother about strategy like you would want to do at blackjack, and you can lay back and enjoy the game. There are some pretty awesome payouts that are quite capable of making you rich if you know which they are and how to utilize them. So, let’s have a look at all the types of bets and their respective payouts. Regarding the payouts, there are some slight differences among game providers, so we’ll go with Playtech’s.
- Small/Big Bet – This is the most popular bet in Sic Bo. If you bet on ‘small’, for example, you’ll win if the sum of the three dice is between 4 and 10. Similarly, a bet on big is lucrative for a sum of 11 to 17. They have the lowest house edge and are, respectively, the safest bet. The payout is 1:1. If any triple appears, though, you’ll lose.
- Тotal Bet – In the middle section of the Sic Bo table, you’ll find numbers 4-17. You can place a wager on any of those but bear in mind they have different payouts. If you think that the sum of the three dice will be 15 and you’re right, you’ll get a payout of 17:1. Guessing the total of 10, however, will only give you a 1:6 payout. So, get acquainted with each total’s specific payout first.
- Number Bet – If you have a lucky number, say 4, you can bet on it. If it happens to appear on one of the dice, you’ll get a payout of 1:1. However, if it appears on two dice, the ratio increases to 2:1. Three dice showing your preferred number means your stake will be tripled. Yet, if you know you’ll get any single number on the three dice at the same time, there’s another bet you can place. Have a look below.
- Triple & Any Triple Bets – If you bet on a specific triple, such as three 6s, and get it, you’ll get the best possible payout in this game – 180:1. That’s quite an achievement! If you want to bet on triples but want to play it safe, you can place a wager on all triples at the same time. The payout is still pretty tempting at 30:1.
- Double Bet – If a number appearing on all three dice seems too unlikely, try the less risky bet of doubles. Bet on the specific number you think would appear on two dice – for instance, 2 – and if you’re right, you’ll scoop a reward of 10:1. Unlike totals, every double will bring you the same payout.
- Pair Bet – This is yet another opportunity to guess the winning numbers. This time you can select two specific numbers that will come up. All the possible combinations are listed, so you can place your bet on the respective area on the table. In case you win, you’ll get a payout of 5:1.
How to Play Sic Bo
Since this is a rather simple and straightforward game, there isn’t much to explain in terms of how to play it. First, select the coin value you’re comfortable with. Then, place your bets on the areas of the table of your choice. We’ve already explained which these are and what payouts to expect from each of them. Mind you, you can place multiple bets at the same time. Then, if you’re playing an RNG Sic Bo game, press the ‘roll’ button and wait for the outcome. The numbers on the three dice determine whether you win or lose. Usually, you’ll have the option to ‘rebet’, which means you can repeat your last bet with a single click.
Sic Bo with a Real Dealer
If you like the game, you must try it at the live casino. Currently, there’s only one software company that offers this opportunity and it is Playtech. The rules are the same for Live Sic Bo as the ones for the RNG games available online. There is just one thing that’s different. Since you’re playing with a real person, you won’t be able to determine the speed of the game. That’s why make sure you know how to increase and decrease your bet. The last thing you want when the betting time is running out is to increase your bet instead of decreasing it, for example. Use the ‘rebet’ option and generally be prepared to make decisions quicker.
Bonuses and Promotions
Perhaps because it’s not that popular of a game at casino sites, Sic Bo doesn’t have a very good weight towards wagering requirements. The best you can hope to find is 20% and it’s what generally is attributed to it. That means that if you wager £100, only £20 will count towards the required playthrough conditions of your bonus.
Unfortunately, that means that when you claim a welcome bonus, you’d be better off turning it over on slots or scratch cards, as they have a much better weight. Also, there isn’t a specific Sic Bo bonus offer at the moment but let’s hope casinos have some soon as a dedicated Sic Bo bonus would mean much better chances for play for fans of this game.
Sic Bo Is a Game You Should Try
It is probably plain to see – we like this game. And even though you might have a better, safer chance with a game like blackjack, where you can learn and perfect a strategy and win steadily, sometimes you might prefer to just have some fun trying your luck with random numbers. If that is the case, Sic Bo is the perfect answer. We highly recommend you tried the game for yourself. You never know – today might be your lucky day, so why waste it?